preliminary concept for a Ballpark at Water Street was designed
to fit into the historic context of Downtown Ypsilanti and to
create a new civic experience for the City. The goal is to create
a ballpark within the city not separate from it. It will be
an anchor for the East end of the historic downtown.
by the simplicity and integrity of early 20th century mill architecture
the new Park will be an active destination for Downtown visitors
and have the latest in green construction materials and methods.
are some of the "green" elements that will be incorporated
into the Park's construction.
High R insulated walls for the minimal number of heated spaces.
2. Waterless urinals. (Very big water saving measure at a ballpark)
3. Recycled content roofing.
4. Earth berm construction vs material intensive steel or concrete
structure for seating.
5. Minimal excavation - reuse spoils to balance the site.
6. Fly ash (post industrial recycled material) in the concrete.
7. Most materials manufactured within 500 miles.
8. Recycled content seating.
9. Recycled content turf.
10. Waste management and recycling provisions.
11. Hi-efficiency field lighting
12. No VOC adhesives.
13. No VOC paints.